Banner

Banner
We Want You to Foster!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Alley Cats and...

Geese??? Well kind of. Two Canadian geese have taken up in a little mound of grass under a tree at a local shopping center where I take care of my feral colony. Mother Goose (yes, I had to make sure I used that) has laid 5 eggs. There is no water around so every day when I feed my ferals, I make sure I have at least four gallons of water with me so the geese have water. Put out a small kitten size litter box with water, and there is a deeper container of water also. However, Father Goose likes to stand in it and get it all dirty. Men - you know how they are. :-)

They've been eating dry cat food, cracked corn, and bread. Tomorrow, I'll call a local wildlife place to try to get some help. I'm worried once the babies are born. Mama will have to take them across 6 lanes of traffic to get to a water source and they won't make it because people drive like fools.

No comments: