Banner

Banner
We Want You to Foster!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Two adoptions today

Newcomb (pictured left) was returned after his first adoption because the resident cat didn't get along with him. However, Newcomb went to a new home today. Ruth and Joel are fantastic people and will provide him with the very best home. And Newcomb will provide them with many years of joy and love. This is a great fit. I will miss him - although I won't miss him bouncing off my head in the middle of the night! :-)

Vera (pictured right) was also adopted today. Marie handled the adoption so I didn't meet the people but I know they are great adopters also because Marie is good at this - she does it for two different rescues groups. The only thing is I was in such a hurry today when Marie can to get Vera to take to her house for the visit, I didn't get to say goodbye. Vera has been with us since last April/May and I fostered her for most of that time so I become quite attached to her so this is very hard for me. We rescue so we can help the cats and find great homes for them and I know that and I'm glad she's found a good home, but I sure liked her snuggling with me at night. I will miss her so much. In fact, I'm now crying. But the couple said it was ok for me to come see Vera next week and say goodbye to her.

1 comment:

cathy said...

Great on the two adoptions.